Being a court reporter in Hawaii has the following requirements:
1) Being a good and moral individual.
2) Having a high school diploma or an equivalent.
3) Passing the NCRA’s Registered Professional Reporter (RPR) Exam.
4) Freelance reporters must be a resident of Hawaii and be a notary of Hawaii.
5) Reporters in Hawaii also apply for membership with the Hawaii Board of Certified Shorthand Reporters and pass a written knowledge test on Hawaii that includes: Hawaiian language vocabulary, geographic facts about the island,
and state history and trivia.
[SOURCE: Court Reporter EDU]